Plain language is clear.
To make sure anyone can understand:
- quickly and completely
Words with same meanings
Easy to read
Leichte Sprache (German-Translation)
Plain language is a civil right.
Plain Language Rules:
- Use easy to understand words
- If you need to use difficult words, explain them clearly
- Use examples to explain things
- Keep your sentences short.
- Speak to people directly
- Use positive sentences rather than negative ones where possible
- Use active language rather than passive language where possible
- Write only 1 idea per sentence
- Avoid using initials. Use the word in full where possible
- Always use large writing
- Always use a font that is clear and easy to read. For example Arial or Tahoma
- Do not write whole words in capitals
- Always start a new sentence on a new line.
- Never justify your text.
- Do not write in columns
- To help understanding your text, you should put images next to it to describe what it is about.