Free software is software.
Free software is for anyone.
Anyone can use, share and change it.
Words with same meanings
Free software is when the user can:
- Run the program for any purpose
- Study how the program works
- Can change the program to other wishes
- Access to the source code
- Can make copies of the program
- Can share the copies of the program
- Can modify the program
Free software started with the GNU·project in the year 1985.
Richard Stallman is one who are working on the project.
The opposite of free software is proprietary software.